InventionHome is striving to create the worlds most effective system for sharing innovative products with companies across North America originating from inventors, entrepreneurs and small businesses anywhere in the world. Current job openings are listed below. Please apply using our online application form.
Web Designer and Developer – Pittsburgh, PA
Our company is looking for a talented web designer that can help us keep pace with our growth opportunities on the web. We own and operate several web properties and we are continually taking on new projects that expand our own business while partnering with other large, well-known brands on special projects. You will be expected to strategize, design and develop web solutions from concept to completion.
If you are energetic and aggressive and you have experience in using modern web design technologies to meet specific goals, we want to hear from you.
- Plans and implements web solutions from start to finish (Concept, Wireframe, Mockup, Final Product)
- Uses PhotoShop and other web production technologies to mock up graphical interfaces for websites and applications.
- Works with other developers to integrate designs and/or HTML into .NET applications.
- Manages WordPress-powered (PHP) website with ability to make changes under the hood.
- Designs and codes landing pages for optimal conversion rates from Pay Per Click traffic.
- Contributes to Pay Per Click advertising campaigns as both a strategist and designer.
- Translates web-based designs to print and vice-versa.
- Adapts to existing brands and style guides while also bringing original ideas to the table.
- Designs and develops HTML newsletters through an Email Service Provider (MailChimp).
- Creates or adapts designs for mobile devices.
- Implements SEO best practices.
- 3+ years of web design experience.
- Balanced skill set including both design and development capabilities.
- Strong sense of graphical and user interface design to maximize user experience and conversions.
- Use of industry best practices to ensure cross-browser compatibility and scalability.
- Ability to integrate web designs into both new and existing brands.
- Understanding of WordPress-powered websites and ability to make changes in the PHP code base.
- Complete knowledge and skill using Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of HTML and design for everything from web sites (desktop and mobile) to HTML emails and web applications.
- Ability to adapt and make changes based off input from internal stakeholders and clients.
- Full understanding of graphic design differences between web and print.
- Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate with web-savvy team members and management.
Preferred but not required
- Experience managing Google AdWords or MSN adCenter Pay Per Click accounts.
- Experience with Email Service Providers (i.e. MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, Emma, Constant Contact, etc.) MailChimp preferred.
- Experience in photography/videography.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays